Agile development projects also tend to fail if the product owner loses control on acceptance testing. Acceptance testing goes beyond just testing delivery and accepting story cards. As a product owner, it is also important to map the features delivered against the release goals, identify potential deviation in plans, reviewing delivery against product road-map. In our experience, we have seen product developments fail because teams prioritize the wrong requirements as the development progresses because it makes sense for development and increases development efficiency. The product owner is sometimes convinced that is the right way to go. But good acceptance testing will allow a product owner to identify the gaps against product road-maps and reprioritize the delivery to meet the product strategy than development convenience.
CAMO can effectively help you play the role of a product owner by:
- Creating good acceptance test cases
- Executing Acceptance Test Cases
- Mapping completed stories against product road-map
- Identify gaps in the delivery against the product road-map
- Recommend re-prioritization and raise early warnings in case of deviations